Concrete sleeper is s kind of railway sleeper made of steel reinforced concrete. With the characteristic of water resistant, sun resistant and corrosion resistant, concrete sleeper has been widely used all over the world since 1950. is s kind of railway sleeper made of steel reinforced concrete. AGICO Rail have direct concrete supplier.
Advantages of concrete sleeper
- Strong stability. Compared with wooden sleeper, concrete sleeper with extra weight makes track more stable. What’s more, concrete sleeper won’t transform with changes in temperature.
- Long service life. With the characteristic of water resistant, sun resistant and corrosion resistant, concrete sleeper has a longer service life than wooden sleeper.
- Better withstand fire hazards. Concrete sleeper can withstand fire hazards better than wooden sleeper.
- Good insulation. Due to the material of concrete sleeper is composed of cement, sand, stone, etc, it has very good insulation. Thus it suitable for use in track circuited lines.
- Low maintenance cost. Concrete sleeper need less maintenance, resulting in lower ongoing costs and fewer track closures.
- Environmental protection. In Europe, wooden sleepers are usually soaked in creosote, which is not conductive to environmental protection. Concrete sleepers are more environmental friendlier.
Types of concrete sleeper
Concrete sleepers are now replacing other types of sleeper except in some special circumstances like bridges, etc, where wooden sleepers are used. Next are two popular types we manufactured.
Mono block concrete sleepers
Twin block concrete sleepers
AGICO Rail has been railway fasteners manufacturer for nearly 60 years. We have direct concrete sleeper supplier and you are welcome to visit our workshop.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!