How to Choose 304 and 316 Stainless Steel Bolts
Stainless steel bolts are mainly used in corrosive or relatively humid environments. They have strong corrosion resistance and rust resistance and are durable and beautiful. Among the many stainless steel bolts, 304 bolts and 316 bolts are the most commonly used. Both belong to stainless steel bolts, which are not easy to rust. As far as bolts of two materials are concerned, how should we choose?
316 SS Bolts are An Upgrade of 304 SS Bolts
Compared with 304 bolts, 316 stainless steel bolts have one more element molybdenum, which can effectively improve the corrosion resistance and high-temperature resistance of 316 bolts, making them suitable for a wider range of scenarios.
The comprehensive performance of the upgraded 316 ss bolts is excellent, and it is used in food, industrial and surgical equipment. In different complex environments in the industry, 316 bolts and 304 bolts of the same specification are used. After a period of operation, the 304 stainless steel bolts will have some rust spots or deformation, and the 316 stainless steel bolts have no abnormality. In the manufacture of some chemical containers, 316 bolts are used, and the appearance will not change after wind and rain. After being witnessed by different industries, 316 ss bolts have become one of the main hardware accessories for marine steel.
Other Differences Between 316 SS Bolts and 304 SS Bolts
In addition to the material composition upgrade, there are some other differences between 304 stainless steel bolts and 316 stainless steel bolts. We can choose a combination of these differences according to our own needs.
- 304 stainless steel bolts belong to A2, 316 stainless steel bolts belong to A4, and the tensile strength of the two is different.
- In terms of cost price, 316 bolts cost more than 304 bolts, so the price is relatively high.
Classification of Stainless Steel Bolts
There are many material classifications of stainless steel, but generally SUS201 material/SUS304 (A2-70) material/SUS316 (A4-70) material/SUS316L material/B8 material are widely used in the field of fasteners.
- Usually, SUS201 stainless steel is also called stainless iron, which is a relatively low-end product and is generally used in environments where the rust-proof effect is not required.
- SUS304 stainless steel, also known as A2-70 stainless steel, is currently one of the most widely used materials in the fastener market. Because SUS304 has good corrosion resistance and rust resistance, and the price is relatively moderate, the selectivity is relatively high.
- SUS316 stainless steel, also known as A4-70 stainless steel, is mainly used to replace environmental products that SUS304 cannot adapt to, such as the highly corrosive environment in the chemical industry, and the environment with relatively high salt and humidity at the seaside. SUS316 has a wide range of applications in the chemical industry due to its excellent corrosion resistance.
- B8 refers to the A193-B8 bolt, A194-B8 nut is a standard name of American Standard, and our corresponding material is SUS304 stainless steel.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!