Important Reminder for Overhead Crane Rail Installations
The overhead crane is a lifting device that transports materials mounted horizontally over the workshop, warehouse and stockyard. The rail laying of the overhead crane rail is on the elevated frame of the cement columns on both sides, which is different from the gantry crane rail, so the construction difficulty is relatively larger. Therefore, the overhead crane rail design requirements are more stringent, and the overhead crane rail tolerances are also required to be more precise.
Wheel hardness should be paid attention to in the overhead crane rail design and the overhead crane rail material selection. The crawler drives the wheel on the overhead crane rail. Friction occurs when the wheel contacts the overhead crane rail. Wheels run on the track every day. When the hardness of the wheels and the overhead crane rail is different, the one with lower hardness is more prone to wear and tear, and the damage rate is also higher. Therefore, in the overhead crane rail design and the overhead crane rail selection, besides satisfying the calculation of wheel strength, overhead crane rails suitable for wheel surface hardness should also be selected. Generally, we follow the principle that the hardness of the selected track is lower than that of the wheel, because the replacement cost of the track is lower than that of the wheel.
Some Reminders in the Procedure of Overhead Crane Rail Installations
- About the overhead crane rail welding procedure, each layer of crane rail welding wave should be welded by electrodes at the bottom of the track, and arc breaking by electrodes should be avoided in the middle of the electrodes.
- After completion of overhead crane rail welding, when the stress relief heat treatment before cooling, should prevent rain or damp of overhead crane rail. When the overhead crane rail welding bulge is too large, grind it by the grinding wheel until it is flush with the rail head, and finally polish the surface.
- The overhead crane track direction needs to be clear. The overhead crane operation needs to be controlled by a certain direction, so the overhead crane rail should be clear about its direction.
- The joint between two overhead crane rail sections is generally allowed to have 1-2mm seams. In cold areas or when installation room temperature is lower than normal temperature, and there is a temperature difference of more than 20 degrees, the effect of thermal expansion and cold contraction on the overhead crane rail should be moderately considered. In this case, the gap between the joint of two overhead crane rail sections should be 4-6 mm. The angle of the joint between two overhead crane rail sections can be right or inclined 45 degrees. The inclined joint can make the wheel run smoothly at the joint. The transverse dislocation and height difference between the two overhead crane rail sections at the junction should not be greater than 1 mm. Joint of the overhead crane rail welding sequence from bottom to top, according to the rail bottom, rail waist, rail head, layer by layer surfacing welding, finally repair around. During the overhead crane rail welding process, temporary clamps should be set to fix the crane rails for easy welding.
- After the overhead crane rail design and crane rail installations is completed, the operator should be clear about his direction and behavior. The operator should be familiar with the operation process and ensure that the overall operation of the overhead crane has a good operating basis.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!