Advantages of Railway Bolts And Railway Bolt Application Standards
Railway bolt is one of the most important railway fasteners in railway system. In general, railway bolts are used to fasten rail track ends together at a joint. The sizes of railway bolts are varying with the requirements of the section of steel rail. The proper diameter and length of the railway bolt can be determined by checking the applicable railway standard.
Types of Railway Bolts for Railway ConstructionThe railway bolts can be classified into several types, such as, Button head oval neck railway bolt, Diamond neck railway bolt, Railway bolt NF F50-008, Fish bolt, Railway bolt of Russian standard, Clip bolt, Clamp bolt and inserted bolt for Russia, anchor bolt, T-bolt clamp and other special Railway bolts, etc.
Functions of Railway Bolts in Railway SystemIn traditional railway bolts once the shaft is wound into the end grain and joined to the second member is necessary to place a washer and a nut on to the end of the bolt shaft and tighten, here lies the difficulty and frustration but not with the Railway bolt. The Railway bolt housing has a special open channel feature in the housing which allows the housing to simply drop of the bolt shaft and commence tightening using a hex bit or Allen key without fiddling and trying to start a nut in a restrictive small hole with the further difficulty in trying to tighten the nut.
Railway Bolt Application StandardsAccording to related rail track standards, each joint needs to be bolted with at least two railway bolts in each rail tightened to approximately 400 foot-pounds of torque which develops between 25,000, and 30, 000 pounds of tension in the railway bolts.
- Railway bolts in use have to be in the proper size and tightly in place.
- Railway bolts have to be installed with AREMA spring washers whereas the nuts have to be installed against the spring washer.
- Railway bolts have to be installed and the nuts have to installed alternately on the inside and outside of the rail.
- When railway bolts and joint bars are moved away, the joint area of the rail and the contact surface of the joint bar have to be cleaned and the joint bar and the bolt threads have to be lubricated.
- Safety standards require that on operation are permitted over rails where all Railway bolts are missing or ineffective
Advantages of Railway Bolts
- The hole preparation is the same as with traditional/old railway bolts
- Easy and Fast to use.
- Save time and save money
Get In Touch
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!