Installation Standards And Usage Specification of Railway SwitchRailway switch is also called railroad switch or railway turnout. In railway system, railway switch is a mechanical installation that enable train vehicles to be guided from one track line to another, such as at a railway junction or where a spur or sliding branches off. In railway construction, incorrect railway switch installation steps or inappropriaciate usage would cause railway switch diseases. And if the railway switch disease continues to deteriotate even worse, the occurrence posibility of railway accident would rise a lot. So that, in order to ensure the safety of railway transportation, we should obey the installation standards and usage specifications of railway switch on railroad construction.
Railway Switch Installation And Usage Standards
- According to different application requirements, railway switches can be divided into many types. There are some problems that frequently happened on the installation process of railway switches, so that we should pay attention to the railway switch installation standards and guarantee the quality of railway construction. In this paper, we will have a brief introduction to you the installation standards of railway switches:
- The rail gauge should be no more than 3mm after it is widened according to the standard, and the gauge deviation before and after the railway switch should be controlled between 0mm-3mm.The horizontal deviation of the two steel rails on the front of switch rail, the straight and curved joint rail and the rear of the switch is no more than 5mm.
- The straight line in the horizontal direction of the railway switch is visually smooth. The deviation is not more than 10mm measured by the ten-meter chord. The curve is visually rounded, the positive vector deviation between two points is not more than 2mm measured by the 1-meter chord. and the positive vector deviation between two adjacent points, using the 2-meter chord is not more than 3mm. Visual smoothness at the front and back of the rail track, the deviation is not more than 10mm measured by the 10-meter chord.
- The deviation of rail surface level on the railway switch joints is not more than 2mm. The point of the switch rail is closely attached to the basic rail, and the clearance is no more than 2mm, with no pulsation. The damage length of the switch rail shall not exceed 100mm, and the deviation between the length of the rail and the height of the basic rail should not be greater than 2mm at the 20mm width on the top of the rail.
- The work distance between the point rail and the guardrail is 572mm, with a deviation of positive and negative 2mm. Guardrail parts should be complete, solid installed with no loose or failure phenomenon. The center of the point rail is perpendicular to the center of the guardrail, with a deviation of positive and negative 50mm.
- The vertical abrasion of the point rail at the top width of 35mm and at the throat of wing rail should not exceed 7mm. The rivet should not be loose and the weld should not be cracked. The sliding bedplate should fit on the underside of the railway switch, and the gap should not exceed 2mm.The vertical abrasion of the basic rail and the connecting rail is no more than 7mm.
All in all, in order to ensure the safety of railway transportation, we should pay much attention to the standards of railway switch installation. If you are interested in railway switches and want to know more about railway switch components, or you want to buy railway fasteners and build railway switch, do not hesitate to contact us. AGICO Rail will provide comprehensive solution for your railway switch installation and railroad construction.
Get In Touch
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!