Railway Track Installation And Application Standard
In railway structure, railway tracks are subject to very high stresses and have to be made of very high-quality steel alloy. It took many decades to improve the quality of the materials, including the change from iron to steel. The stronger the rail tracks and the rest of the trackwork, the heavier and faster the trains the track can carry. On railroad construction, the installation and application process should in accordance with the standard, details as below:
The Installation Standard of Railway Track
- The track fasteners must be complete, close and tightened in line with the type of steel rail. The rail joints must be provided with the qualified rail joint bars or fishplates and be fixed with 4 rail bolts. If the track is laid down in the mine, the track type must be changed. Different rail joints must be matched with suitable compromised joint bars. The rail joint bars shall have no phenomena such as breakage or improperness.
- The distance of track joints between main lane and common lane shall not exceed 5mm, and the difference between high and low positions or left and right positions shall not exceed 2mm. The spacing of track joints on common transportation lines shall not exceed 5mm, and the difference between high and low positions or left and right positions shall not exceed 2mm.
- The direction of the track should conform to the standard, and along the visual direction it should be straight and there should be no hard bend. The straight section of main line track should be visually straight; the curved section should be visually rounded, and the more than 50m radius does not exceed 2mm, radius below 50m does not exceed 3mm.
- The center line of single rail on main line meets the design requirements, and the tolerance is not more than ±50mm of the design value; the distance between the center lines of double rails is not less than the design value and must not exceed 20 mm of the design value, and the center position between double rails is not more than 50mm that of the design.
- The tolerance between actual elevation and design elevation of track surface of main line is ±50mm; the error within 50m of the slope is not more than 1/1000, and the height difference is not more than 50mm.
- The gauge in the mine is 600mm, the allowable tolerance of straight section of main line is +5mm and -2mm; the allowable tolerance of curve section is +5mm and -2mm after the curve section is widened. Tie rods should be set in the curve section. The allowable tolerance of ordinary straight line is +5mm and-2mm; the allowable tolerance of curve section is +5mm and -2mm after the curve section is widened.
- The quality of railway sleeper is qualified, and the sleeper is perpendicular to the track. The spacing of railway sleeper of main line is 700mm, and the deviation does not exceed 50mm. The spacing of railway sleeper of common line is 800mm, and the deviation does not exceed 50mm.
- The specifications of railway spikes should be matched with the rail type. The quantity must be complete, and the tolerance is not more than 2mm. For the concrete sleepers, their bolts and pressure plates are fully fastened, and the tolerance is not more than 2mm. The bolts of the rails and sleepers should be added oil once a month.
- It is strictly forbidden to use gas cutting for operation. If necessary, the cutting rail machine must be used. The main lanes in a mine are not allowed to cut sections (except for shorter distance trimming). The plane of the orbital cutting head should be perpendicular to rail surface, and the sawing surface should not be skewed. When the cutting head is used to rework the bolt holes of fishplates, it must be processed with a drill press. It is strictly forbidden to use gas cutting.
- During the use of the track, special personnel must have regular maintenance and repair.
- Drop the oil on each part of the track and railway sleeper once every half month. The track bed and ballast should be cleaned frequently to ensure that there are no debris, floating coal and water.
Application Standard of Railway Track
- The track gauge is not more than 3mm after being widened according to the standard. And the gauge deviation is +3mm and -0mm before and after the turnout.
- The horizontal deviation of the front end of point rail, the middle part of straight and curve connecting rail and the rear part of turnout is not more than 5mm.
- From the viewpoint of horizontal direction, the turnout shall be visually straight.
- The front and rear of the track is visually smooth in the height.
- The height of two rails and the difference between the right and left inner sides is not more than 2mm at the joint of the turnout.
- The pointed end of point rail is closely attached to basic rail, and the gap is no more than 2mm without bounce. The damage length of point rail is not more than 100mm, and the difference between the width of top surface of point rail and the height of basic rail is not more than 2mm.
- The distance between frog and guard rail is 572mm, and the deviation is ±2mm.
- The parts of guard rail are complete, the installation is firm, and there is no looseness or failure. The tip end of frog is perpendicular to the center of the working edge of guard rail, and the deviation is ±50mm.
- The vertical wears of frog at the top surface width of 35mm and the throat of wing rail are not more than 7mm. The bolt is not loose, and the weld seam is free of cracks.
- The sliding plate shall be attached to rail bottom. The gap shall not exceed 2mm.
- The vertical wear of basic rail and the connecting rail is not more than 7mm.
- Rail brace shall be closely attached to basic rail, and the gap is not more than 1mm. Rail brace is complete in quantity with no loose phenomenon.
Quality Requirements of Railway Components
- The track of main and auxiliary lanes shall be laid in accordance with the standards of permanent track.
- When laying the track, it must be laid in strict accordance with the centerline design of the track.
- Gauge: 600mm; Sleeper spacing: 800mm. When rail heads are connected, a rail sleeper is placed at 240mm of places within both sides of rail heads; the sleeper is not allowed to be laid at rail joint.
- The sleeper must be fixed to the track and perpendicular to the track. And the sleepers must be laid even and regular in order.
- The track bed must be tamped and leveled, and it is strictly prohibited that the sleeper is gotten suspended on the track.
- The same type of rails must be used for the same line. There must be no mixed phenomenon. The rail type of the turnout must be not lower in grade than that of the line.
- The track is laid flat and firm, and the track ballast is solid.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!