How Much Do You Know About Railway Tie PlatesThe railway tie plate, which also can be called as railway base plate or sole plate, is made of either mild steel, cast iron, wrought iron, or malleable steel, it’s interposed between the foot of a flat footed rail and wooden sleeper to distribute the load on a larger area. The railway tie plate is fastened to wooden ties by means of rail spikes or bolts through holes in the railway tie plate. The part of the plate under the rail base is tapered, setting the cant of the rail, an inward rotation from the vertical. The top surface of the plate has one or two shoulders that fit against the edges of the base of the rail.
Types of Railway Tie Plates from AGICO Rail
1. Casting Railway Tie PlatesThe tie plate can be either casting iron or casting steel, depending on the load and the type of rails. Cast iron can be the welded or fabricated type, depending on the customers’ requirements.
- Name: casting rail tie plate
- Type: Applicable of rail UIC54, UIC60, 50kg rail, 60kg rail,S49 and size as ordered
- Material: QT500-7 or QT450-10 (low carbon steel or high carbon steel by forging, and low carbon steel S275JR, Q235,etc. by rolling.)
- Standard refers: UIC864-6
2. Single Shoulder Railway Tie PlatesFor the tie plates of single shoulder, the shoulder is designed at the field end of the plate. The plate’s short end or gauge end is placed inside of the rail track, and that why the rail base width is always required from clients. Single shoulder tie plates are usually used by rails weights running from 56lb though 100 lb.
3. Double Shoulder Railway Tie PlatesThe double-shoulder type is currently used. Older single-shoulder types were adaptable for various rail widths, with the single shoulder positioned on the outside (field side) of the rails.
4. Hook Twin Tie Plates for RailroadHTTP, whose full name is hook twin tie plate, is widely used for turnouts positioned behind the switch bottoms. In order to ensure the tie spacing, the HTTP is often used in pairs to a single tie. Among the products, the 1st AREMA hook twin tie plate producer of both 3/4’’ and 1’’ thick in China.
Different available varieties:For 3/4’’ hook twin tie plate: L23, L27, L31, LR23, LR27, LR31, H23, H27, H31.
For 1’’ hook twin tie plate: L29, L33, L37, LR28, LR32, LR36, H29, H33, H37, H41.
Among the market, the 3/4’’ and 1’’ thick varieties are mostly popular in North America. With a modern production line, our workshop is a modern and special one and we are capable of producing such products for 1000MTS annually.
In order to ensure the quality of the final products, over 30 working staff are prepared only for HTTPs, especially the hole making and hook making process. Besides, there is a Quality Control Team for the testing and inspection in process as well. With many years of hard-working, we have never got any complaint or dissatisfaction from our buyers up to now.
Main Functions of Railway Tie Plates in Railroad1. Railway tie plate is used in rail construction to support the steel rails, and also to take the load of rail and distribute the load to the sleepers;
2. The railway tie plate increases bearing area and holds the rail to correct gauge;
3. The railway tie plate prevents damage of the sleepers due to rubbing action and holds the spike firmly to the sleepers.
Get In Touch
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!